Friday, December 28, 2007

Milestones

We're coming to the close of another year, and being the analytical person that I am calls for an evaluation of how the year has gone - personally, career-wise, relationship-wise, etc.

Personally, it's been what I call a "growth" year for me. That's my diplomatic way of saying that I went through a lot of crud with friends, family, and of course with girls (I'm a songwriter, how could I not have girl troubles, right? ;o) So, my take on that type of year is that I can sit and stew in my own mental juices about how certain things are not fair or try to figure out the "why" of the reason they happened. . .or you can just decide to accept them and try your best to grow. I'm not an expert, but it seems like the more they happen, the better I am at dealing with those particular issues.

Career-wise, this has been an incredible year on the other hand. I put out an EP (for those of you who are not familiar, that's an acronym meaning "Extended Play". . .it's basically a short CD) in January of 2007, got to open for Sister Hazel, Brett Dennen, Paolo Nutini, and Michael Martin Murphey, and I even signed a deal with a tv and film placement agent to help with licensing deals and things of the like. If the release of "Passerby"(my next full-length CD coming out at the end of January) goes as well as the last one - this year should be a rocker as well!

So, I encourage everybody as we go into the last days of this year and the beginnings of a new one - think about what has occurred. Has it made you better? Has it made you worse? Regardless, the sort of thought process will inevitably plant some sort of seed of change - shoot me an email if I can help ya work through it! ha ha

Have a great rest of the year guys,

Matt
http://www.myspace.com/therealmattjones

3 comments:

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Hey Matt,

Good to see you here on blogger! I too have a blog outside of myspace, not everyone goes there I guess! Looking forward to your new cd!

Paula :)

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

Hey Matt, figured I'd let you know that I added a link to your blog on my blogroll. I'd love it if you could reciprocate, that is if you plan to have a blogroll on your blog. peace! :)

Bitsy said...

So, I'm thinking about what has occurred over these last 12 months and all I can come up with is I'm tired! Seriously though... It was an okay year. Nothing bad to report (which is always a good thing)Nothing really exciting either. Dang, I'm boring...A new year sounds good right about now with a lot more traveling added in. I love to travel and didn't get to do much this year. I'm having withdrawls and... The beaches are calling my name... "DJ...DJ....DJ..." I guess what I am saying here is I'm going to be more selfish this coming year and please me! lol
Peace to you my friend...You are awesome!
DJ
http://bitsyskitchen.blogspot.com/