Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas

Hey guys,

I'm curious to find out - how does this phrase make you feel?

Ahem. . ."Merry Christmas"

For some people, it's an expression of a deep religious well-wishing, while for others it's a statement that expresses a very popular cultural holiday of good deeds, presents, and families being together (and possibly driving each other crazy)

Even further, some businesses choose to say this phrase or not to say it because they feel it will either stregnthen their sales within a certain demographic, or it will cause protests.

Regardless of what your stance, I encourage you to consider what you're saying if you say that, or if you don't, consider what someone is telling you if you hear it.

Thanks for your time, Merry Christmas :o)

Matt

3 comments:

Matt Jones said...

Hey - I updated this to allow comments from anyone ;o)

- Matt

Rianne said...

What does Christmas mean to me?: I'd never thought of that question before now. I think we remember the birth of little baby Jesus and have a few great days with family & friends around the Christmas tree.

What means Christmas to you and what are your plans?

Matt Jones said...

Hey Rianne,

Christmas certainly means that to me, and considering the events of this Christmas that just passed - it's a season of selflessness.

I spent a lot of my time doing things for others, and although I wasn't always super excited about doing them in the beginning, it ended up being on of the best ones that I've had yet.

Thanks for taking time to read the post!