Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Past Due Review

Hey guys!

Wow - I feel like it's been forever since we've had an update! That can be good or bad depending on circumstances, but fortunately this time it's good :o)Things have been busier on this end than I can remember them being in a long time, but the reason they are so busy is that so many opportunities have presented themselves.

As most of you know from our conversations, I've usually got my fingers in about 10 pots at the same time, so there are a lot of things in process that I won't tell you about until they completely come through (don't want to tempt fate, ya know? ;o), but the main thing that has come through that makes a huge difference is this - I signed a publishing deal.

What does that mean? Basically, a publisher saw enough promise in my songwriting to say, "Hey - I think your songs have enough potential that I want to pay you money on a monthly basis to write songs for me so that I can get them placed in tv shows, movies, ad campaigns, and pitch them to other artists to record."In turn, my publisher pays me up front to write songs for the catalogue, and he gets a percentage of money on all of the placements that he gets.

What does that mean for you? Just look forward to hearing many more songs; in fact, there will probably be more than usual and there will be lots of variety in them!

Thank you all so much for all of your support over these 3 years (almost 4 when July rolls around) of my full-time music career. I could not, and I cannot do it without you. Hope you're having an awesome Tuesday, talk to you soon

Matt

1 comment:

Bitsy said...

Hey hey Matt. Ya know I always forget to check out your thoughts here! Congrats on all the wonderful things that have happened to you! You so deserve it and I'm sure have worked your butt off to get it. : ) Take care! DJ