Friday, January 18, 2008

Amazon vs. Itunes - who wins?

Hey guys,

I posted a blog about this when Amazon first started to offer MP3 downloads without the DRM nonsense being attached, and asked if people thought Itunes should move over. . .

Many thought that Itunes was way ahead (which, they most likely were), but I wanted to share this article with you guys:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080115/ap_on_hi_te/amazon_pepsi

I think this could be huge for Amazon, and I'm definitely an advocate for them and I'll tell you why. When an independent artist wants to get music on Itunes, unless there is a nice "expediting" budget to use to get the album up there sooner, it takes about 4 months for the album to go "live" on Itunes where it's available to sell. As you can imagine, there are a lot of lost sales that take place.

Amazon, on the other hand, takes about 1 week to get a CD live, and they let you determine a release date, AND they have variable pricing for newer and older CD's. Man, I love Itunes just as much as the next person, but I think Amazon could really give them a run for their money this year. . .

Anyway, check out my new album "Passerby" on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Passerby/dp/B0012QLY0Q/ref=sr_f3_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1200675396&sr=103-1

See what ya think! Talk to you soon,

Matt

1 comment:

Jared Autrey said...

Yo yo Mr. Real... I just bought your newest album from iTunes. I'm personally an iTunes fan and quite satisfied, so I probably won't switch over to amazon. I dig the new beats, by the way!